Employment Opportunities: AR Manager
Posted on: 01/12/2011
Accounts Receivable Manager
Large orthopaedic practice located in Huntsville, Alabama seeks a dynamic individual to join their administrative team as Accounts Receivable Manager. This position is responsible for all billing and revenue cycle operations. Manages collections; develops and implements efficient and effective operational policies, processes and best practices within functions of the revenue cycle including claims processing and patient billing management. Monitors billing and coding operations for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures and standards. This position is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivables to include, but not limited to:
● Manages all coding, billing and revenue cycle staff (20+)
● Develops and implements coding, billing and revenue cycle policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely billing, in accordance with established internal and third party payer requirements
● Manages actions relating to delinquent accounts, collection agencies, special adjustments, and/or write-offs
● Create and routinely monitor controls and quality assurance processes for accuracy and productivity for all areas of the revenue cycle
● Monitors and investigates reimbursement activities for all billing codes and recommends fee schedule changes
● Monitors contracts and agreements to ensure full reimbursement and make recommendations if contracts and agreements need to be changed
● Communicate changes in Medicare, Medicaid and other payer reimbursement methodologies and industry trends, providing written updates to administration and providers
● Monitor coding and billing changes and educates staff and providers of changes
● Assist with month end close to ensure accuracy and analysis of month end reports
● Assist providers with coding questions and issues
● Assist patients with account questions
Must also posses the following attributes:
● Medical billing experience and knowledge
● Management, communication and skills needed to administer a group with diverse functions
● Strong analytical skills with passion for details and “digging in” to diagnose and correct problems and ability to meet deadlines
● Have full understanding of out-of-pocket network and in-network insurance payment methodology; and ICD 9 codes
● Proven knowledge in the billing of medical claims and work with vendors and IT for successful electronic claims processing
● Strong computer aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially strong Excel skills
● Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with superior attention to detail
● Ability to organize and work with large amounts of complex information
● Outgoing personality and ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with multiple direct reports and able to interface with administration and providers
● Strong communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats
● High degree of maturity, diplomacy and professionalism; self-starter and independent who has the desire to work in a fast-paced organization
● Minimum 5 years accounts receivable management experience, preferably with a large practice.
The location is in the beautiful, upscale and high-tech southern city of Huntsville, Alabama. The area affords reasonable cost of living, outdoor activities, great quality of life amenities, solid school system and a great place to raise a family.
The Orthopaedic Center (TOC) is the state’s largest orthopaedic practice. For more than 30 years TOC has been a leader in orthopaedics, spine surgery and sports medicine. We have 30 physicians, 14 PAs and 2 NPs with 7 locations serving the North Alabama and Middle Tennessee area. Website: www.visitTOC.com.
Compensation: Outstanding compensation package includes a base salary commiserate with experience, plus excellent benefits including: 18 days paid vacation, standard paid holidays, 401k profit sharing plan, health, dental, life and $500 medical reimbursement for out of pocket expenses.
Please send your resume as a word or pdf document to: email@example.comBack to article