Dr. Boyett was raised in Sulligent, AL, a small town in northwest Alabama that has produced seven osteopathic physicians since 1996. Dr. Boyett completed medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine, and then a one-year internship in Internal Medicine at Baptist Health Systems in Birmingham, followed by a Family Medicine residency at Carraway Methodist Medical Center. He practiced Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine from 1999 to 2004, during which time he was board certified in Family Medicine and board eligible in Emergency Medicine.
In 2004, he returned to residency to complete another residency program in Orthopaedic Surgery from KCUMB/Saint Mary’s Medical Center in Kansas City. Upon completion, he returned to Winfield, AL to private practice for three years before partnering with Bill Lawrence, D.O., to form OrthoSports Athens, LLC.
He married his high school sweetheart, Penny, and they have four children. Dr. Boyett enjoys activities with his family, being involved with medical education, and lake activities at Smith Lake. The Boyett family regularly attends church at First Methodist Church in Athens.
- Joint Replacement & Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery & Carpal Tunnel Release
- Shoulder & Knee Arthroscopy
- Joint Injections (Ultrasound Guided)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (past member)
- Limestone County Medical Society
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians (past member)
- Alabama Osteopathic Medical Association (former president)
- Marion County Medical Society (former Vice President)
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- North American Spine Society
- Lindsay Traynom, CRNP
- Kelley Chance
- Haley Avery
Contact Your Doctor
Dr. Patrick Boyett’s established patients have the option to contact Dr. Boyett’s team. Click the green button below to send a secure message through our website; or call (256) 666-4747 to leave a message on our automated voice mail system. You will receive a response by the end of the next business day. For non-emergencies only.
KCUMB/St. Mary’s Medical Center – Orthopaedic Surgery
Kansas City, MO
Carraway Methodist Medical Center – Family Medicine
University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine (Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences)
Kansas City, MO
American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
American Board of Family Practice, 2000-2007