In order to protect our patients and staff, people with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not permitted to enter The Orthopaedic Center (TOC). If you have any of the following, please refrain from entering any TOC facility:
- If you are COVID-19 positive
- Suspected of being COVID-19 positive
- Had recent loss of taste and/or smell
- Fever greater than 100.4 °F
- New unexplained cough associated with shortness of breath
By entering a TOC facility you attest that you do not have any of the above, and are COVID-19 free.
This policy is applicable to any and all persons entering any TOC facility. If you meet any of the above criteria, please call (256) 539-2728 to reschedule your appointment or to schedule a Telehealth appointment option.
While inside TOC facilities we ask that all patients and visitors follow the safety recommendations below:
- Maintain six feet of separation from persons of different households.
- Masks are optional at TOC facilities.
TOC is enforcing a “Mask Preferred” policy at all locations. This policy is in compliance with the current OSHA workplace recommendations in place.
Effective December 6, 2021:
- Vaccinated TOC staff will follow a Mask Optional policy
- Unvaccinated TOC staff will follow a Mask Preferred (not required) policy
- TOC patients will follow a Mask Preferred (not required) policy
- No-Lobby Waiting: Patients will continue have the option to wait in their vehicle after checking in for their appointment.
- If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please call so that we can reschedule your care.
We look forward to providing you and your family with exceptional orthopaedic care.
We want our patients to know that you can feel safe when visiting a TOC clinic.
Please read below so that you can be confident in our clinic procedure and additional safety measures.
Your safety is our top priority. Since the onset of the community spread of the COVID-19 virus, The Orthopaedic Center has initiated a strong defense to prevent the virus from entering our facilities. Individuals with health issues should not delay or postpone doctors’ appointments, hospital surgeries, or outpatient medical services.
In compliance with recent policy changes in counties that we serve, and to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, effective immediately, all patients and any guests who enter any TOC facilities will be required to wear a mask or face covering. In the event a patient does not have a mask, TOC will provide one. We appreciate your compliance with our mask policy. As always, TOC will continue to provide exceptional orthopaedic care to our current and future patients in the safest environment possible.
- TOC has walk-in clinic services for patients with acute, urgent, and emergent orthopaedic conditions at our Florence and Huntsville locations. You can see a provider today with no appointment necessary.
- TOC now offers a No Lobby wait option. Once you check-in, you can wait in your car until time to see your provider.
- Upon arrival, all patients and TOC employees participate in a COVID-19 screening, which includes a brief questionnaire and a temperature check.
- All TOC employees will be wearing masks, and diligently practice enhanced handwashing practices.
- Hand sanitizers are available on all floors throughout our clinics.
- All TOC locations are diligently taking additional sanitization measures to ensure the safest environment for all who enter a TOC clinic.
We look forward to taking care of you!
In compliance with recent policy changes in counties that we serve, and also to provide the safest possible environment for our patients, effective immediately, all patients and any guests who enter any TOC facilities will be required to wear a mask or face covering. Continue reading “TOC Mask Policy”
We want our patients to know that you can feel safe when visiting a TOC clinic. Please read below so that you can be confident in our clinic procedures and additional safety measures. Continue reading “COVID-19 Procedures Update”
TOC IS OPEN AND HERE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU
TOC recognizes that even as daily life is changing, injuries still occur – even in a pandemic – and our community still needs orthopaedic care. We will continue to offer the same exceptional care, all the while ensuring the welfare and safety of our patients and employees. Continue reading “TOC is Here For You!”
Patients who have appointments at TOC’s Huntsville, Madison, Athens and Guntersville clinics: Continue reading “No Lobby Waiting”
Injuries still happen during a pandemic. And TOC is here to care for the Tennessee valley’s acute orthopaedic needs. To comply with the Governor Ivey’s recent stay-at-home order, we now have a letter composed for patients needing to travel to our clinics. The letter is available to download and print by clicking here.
Your health and safety is our biggest concern. All TOC clinics are compliant with social distancing requirements and offer a no-lobby wait option for patients. TOC also has a screening process for COVID-19 in place for TOC employees when arriving for work; and also for patients upon arrival for appointments.
To schedule an appointment, please call (256) 539-2728.
TOC cares. We are open and here to take care of you.
Your health is a very important part of your life. In trying times like this, we are faced with many uncertainties. But one certain thing is that TOC is here and committed to the safety and orthopaedic needs of our patients. We have implemented additional safety measures by giving our patients COVID-19 screenings when arriving along with additional sanitization measures for all of our TOC locations.
Continue reading “COVID-19 and our commitment to you”